Skilled Defense From
A Former Prosecutor
Adam Chrzan practices primarily criminal defense, personal injury and family law from his office in downtown Vero Beach, Florida. Mr. Chrzan began his legal career at the State Attorney’s Office in Indian River County after graduating from Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law Center in 2003. He spent six years as a prosecutor along the Treasure Coast, taking more than 100 cases to jury trial and conducting hundreds of probation-violation hearings and non-jury trials. This experience helped him learn how prosecutors and police think, how they put together a criminal case and how to attack the evidence and protect a client’s rights. It means a marked advantage for his criminal defense clients when he goes up against assistant state attorneys on Florida’s East Coast.
In private practice, Mr. Chrzan has represented hundreds of clients on a wide range of criminal matters, from first-degree violent felonies to drug possession and trafficking offenses to misdemeanors such as DUI, battery and shoplifting. An aggressive approach to protecting each client’s constitutional rights and an almost around-the-clock availability to his clients are the hallmark of Mr. Chrzan’s practice.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Chrzan spent more than a decade as a staff writer at the Press-Journal in Vero Beach, as well as other newspapers in St. Lucie and Palm Beach counties. A New York native, Mr. Chrzan has lived in Florida since 1970, graduating from the University of Central Florida in 1986 with a bachelor of arts in Journalism.
Mr. Chrzan is a member of the Florida Bar and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is president of the Indian River County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and a member of the Indian River County Bar Association. Additionally, Mr. Chrzan is admitted to practice in the United States District in the Southern District of Florida.
Whether you have been arrested and charged with a crime, are contemplating a divorce or have been injured through no fault of your own, Mr. Chrzan stands ready to represent you. Consultations for criminal matters and personal injury cases are free. Consultations for family law cases carry a nominal fee. Call the office to make an appointment to meet with Mr. Chrzan.
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member, 2009 to Present
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member, 2016 to Present
- Indian River Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2009 to Present
- Indian River Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Past President, 2014 to 2016
- Indian River County Bar Association, Member, 2004 to Present
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- B.A. - 1986
- Criminal Defense
- DUI Defense
- Sex Offenses
- Driver's License Revocations
- Probation Violations
- Battery / Domestic Violence / Injunctions
- Personal Injury / Auto Accidents / Slip and Falls
- Divorces / Paternity
- Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- State Attorney's Office 19th Judicial Circuit, Assistant State Attorney, 2003 to 2009
- Public Defender's Office 17th Judicial Circuit, Certified Legal Intern, 2002 to 2003